This heavenly body butter has become a must for me (especially now that my belly started showing beautifully), it became a part of my nightly ritual. I must say that I have done the exact same ritual every night during my first pregnancy, and I can confirm, no stretch marks left!:-)
During pregnancy, we are instructed to only eat natural, clean foods and nourish our body inside and out with clean, natural products. Since skin is our larges organ, it makes perfect sense to create your own body butter – with only the best and cleanest, chemical-free ingredients. It’s perfect for fighting dry, itchy skin and preventing stretch marks (common side effects of pregnancy)
I have been making my own body butter throughout the entire pregnancy, and this is my best batch yet. I simplified the ingredients to three of my favorites:
1. Shea Butter (raw, organic)
2. Vitamin E oil
3. Essential lavender oil
The process is so simple:
1. In a double boiler, melt the entire content of your Shea butter jar.
2. Remove from heat, stir in vitamin E oil (anywhere from few drops to half bottle of the container pictured). Adding more oil will make the final product more easily spreadable, but also more oily. So it’s up to you)
3. Add about 20 drops of your favorite essential oil.
4. Allow mixture to cool, and when it starts to solidify, whip it with a hand-held blender to achieve a dreamy whipped texture.
5. Spoon the mixture right back into your Shea butter jar, and you have your own home-made slice of heaven!
Every night, I have my own little ritual, I call it the bonding time with my growing baby: after a bath or shower, I sit or lay down (with plenty of pillows under my back, of course:), with candles lit, and I apply this rich body butter on my belly in big circular motions, talking to my baby. Sometimes I spread the butter all over my body (you end up being little greasy, but it feels so good for your skin to be that hydrated!